Wednesday, March 18, 2009

With all the colours in the world, yours had to be blue

What an interesting couple of days.
I had an emotional breakdown in
the heart of the city yesterday.
Central station eat your heart out.

I just reached breaking point & snapped.
I was tearing at the worst time possible.
830-900 in the morning there were thousands
of people rushing to get into their respective work buildings
& then there I was.

I didn't go to work yesterday
& I am not going in today.
I rang my dad before told him I have relapsed.
Told him everything actually.
I didn't hold back once.
It was a mess of crying & sniffing
but I made sense & got everything across.
He's coming over to 'hang out' with me in 2 hours or so.
He was very happy that I didn't bottle it up (even though I did a little)
& he said no matter what happens he's going to support me.
He also said I should speak to Mum. 
I will - but not right now, I hate to disappoint Mum.

I mentioned everything though - like I need a change.
I could lose my job - I want to move somewhere.
That I need myself to be okay.
I even told him some of the thoughts I've been having.
He was pretty worried but all I heard on the phone was love.
Unconditional love - my dad would do anything for me.

In the past - there was an incident.
Quite a shocking one to my rather conservative parents.
I think that situation really opened up their eyes.
Well I'm not 100% there, but I'm certainly on the path.
So to avoid things like that ever happening,
I spoke up.
When I spoke - it was met with support.
That makes me happy.

I think what makes me the most happy is that
Dad said "There is nothing that can't be fixed".
Sure there are some faults to that, like a broken iPod stays broken,
but I am optimistic.
My problems can be on the path to being re-designed with a little help.

It never hurts to ask for a little help.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment