Wednesday, March 4, 2009

So, it's sad this doesn't suit you now

I feel like bomb-diving into a pool,
just so I can hear that splashing sound -
as a kid so familiar but now so far from everything.

Underwater I felt so content & 
it blocked out all the surrounding noise.
That would be nice.
To swim for hours upon hours.

I don't really know where I am going with this.
I  don't have a pool these days
so instead I drown myself in music.
If I allow myself I can find that it
blocks out every other noise - 
sure takes a hell of a lot of concentration.

Well the good news is that 
I scored my week off in April
& a few other important days.
So there's something I'll work towards.
A break. A rest. A chance to pick up my pieces.
Lately I keep dropping everything.
I've tried to gather most things yet
I still seem to forget a few.

Everyone needs time to sort themselves out.
Ideally I'd like a paid year off please.
I can dream.

*shrugs*

I've gone & put on the one song
that I probably shouldn't have.
For someone in the middle of
feeling okay & not so great
this is slanting to one end in particular.
Damn the effects of a 'perfect' song.

Tomorrow is another day
x





No comments:

Post a Comment